I took these makeup look photos a few months ago and I’ve been mulling over sharing it on the blog. I’m not a makeup expert and I’m usually on the safe/neutral side but on this day I decided to experiment and play around with makeup.
I ended up with my version of a smokey eye which I’ve never really done before. I paired it with bright pink lips using one of my favourite lipsticks. I still have so much more to learn about makeup application especially blending but this was good practice.
If you want to see what products I used, see my post below.
I apologise for the hair but it wasn’t cooperating well that day and I don’t know why I just didn’t put it up. I’m a bit over long hair at the moment and I’m thinking of getting it cut really soon.
Anyway, back to the makeup look, I didn’t really have any plan in mind when I started but I wanted to try a more ‘dramatic’ look for me. I’ve posted one makeup look here on the blog before and that was with Beauty Review‘s encouragement. The makeup look I did for them is my usual going out/party look which is still pretty simple.
I also tried to line my lower lid with gold eyeliner which is quite hard to see from the photos but I used the only one I own which is the OXX eye crayon from Kmart.
Moving on to the actual products I used:
- Benefit Porefessional primer: I’m trying to use this product up. It does the job in terms of smoothing my skin but it can get too slippery when I apply too much of it.
- MAC Strobe Cream: I like to apply this either mixed in with BB or CC cream or just before foundation. This gives a nice glow without looking like a disco ball. I really like this product.
- Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation: I have the shade 230 Natural Buff. I really like this foundation. I have oily skin so this works well on me and keeps me matte for a longer time compared to other foundations.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal: This is from my latest makeup haul and I like the coverage of this concealer. It’s high coverage but it doesn’t crease or look cakey under my eyes.
- Australis Fresh & Flawless Powder: This is my go-to powder since getting it on my Melbourne trip.
- Essence Blush Up: This orange and pink ombre blush (shade 10 heat wave) is great. I can’t stop using this blush. I truly love this and although it looks bright in the pan, it doesn’t go as intense on the skin. However, you can build up the colour. For some reason, my blush didn’t show up well in the photos though.
- Topshop Glow highlighter: This is a product I’ve used in my previous makeup look and I still love it until now.
- MaxFactor Masterpiece Transform mascara: I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. Sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s so clumpy and horrible. When it’s good, my lashes look amazing though so I still like using it.
- Za Liquid Eyeliner: This is the only liquid eyeliner I use. It’s so easy that I don’t even bother trying other ones. I know this works on me and it doesn’t take me that long to line my eyes.
- W7 In The Buff eyeshadow palette: I honestly wasn’t paying too much attention at the start when I applied my eyeshadow. I just picked a colour from the palette and went with it. I used 3 shades from the palette and piled it on my lids. I used Thunder as the darkest shade, Dust in the middle and Sand from the inner corner.
I realised I didn’t add show what I used on my brows but it’s the e.l.f. eyebrow kit in medium.
I know I still have a lot to learn about makeup application especially on the eyeshadow front. However, I’ve been wearing it more and therefore I’ve had practice since these photos. If you have any tips, please let me know! No matter how many Youtube tutorials I watch, I’m still not going to be a pro at this.
My skin is also having a bit of a meltdown so I’m trying to figure out a better skincare routine to keep the breakouts away. Fingers crossed this happens soon so I can get more comfortable filming makeup looks again.
If you haven’t read my first makeup look, I explained about my skin/acne story there. My skin is a lot better than it used to be from a few years ago but it has gotten worse compared to 4-5 months ago. I’m currently trying a few skincare items from Manuka Doctor but I don’t know if it’s currently working.
If you’ve had breakouts and you’ve found products that worked on oily skin, comment down below as I want to know and maybe give it a go too.
That’s it for this post. I hope you liked this makeup look. Have a great day everyone!