As I celebrated my birthday the past week, I thought I’d have an additional post for all of you if you want to get to know me better. I post mainly fashion and beauty here on the blog but it’s nice to be a bit more personal.
If you want to know my answers to random 25 questions, click below.
1. What is one of your biggest dreams?
To travel around Europe for a few months. I want to explore Scandinavia, have genuine Italian gelato and pizza every day, visit tulip fields in the Netherlands, gaze up the Eiffel Tower, walk around Santorini… The list goes on.
2. Name three things that are physically close to you.
Blistex lip balm, iPhone dock and Kikki K 2016 diary.
3. What’s an ideal Sunday for you?
Have a sleep in, go out for brunch somewhere preferably in Devonport, walk around town and along the waterfront afterwards and come home and relax. In the afternoon, maybe go for another walk along Takapuna beach and get gelato from The Store before walking back home.
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed?
Yes. No, I have not. I was basically taught how to drive by my partner and he’s instilled in me how to be a good driver and to not fall into the stereotypical Asian driver. I do like to drive fast though. I hate slow drivers!
5. What time did you wake up this morning?
Around 8am and got up around 8:30. We had to take our kitten Turbo to the vet for the first time.
6. What’s one thing in your closet that you cannot live without?
A cardigan. I usually have one in my bag just in case I get cold.
7. What was the last movie you saw?
I rarely go to the cinema to watch movies but the last one I watched was Last Vegas which was on TV a few weeks ago.
8. What does your last text message say?
“Hi there. Thanks for your payment…” It was from 2degrees when I paid my phone bill.
9. Something physical that stands out?
Maybe my height? I’m quite short and have stopped growing now. Haha. I don’t really know what else but I hope it’s not bad.
10. Have you ever been to a different country?
I went to Melbourne, Australia for the first time last year. It was great.
11. Do you like sushi?
12. What’s a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you’re alone?
Currently, it’s Sorry by Justin Bieber. I never thought I’d like his music but damn, he changed my mind from his latest album. If it’s a gloomy or rainy day and I want to sing a sad/angry song, I love to blast Taylor Swift’s All Too Well with a lot of emotion. Hahaha
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster?
No. I use This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray and Deep Sleep Stress Less by my bedside table to help me.
14. How many siblings do you have?
I have one sister Joan. She is four years younger than me and is great at baking as she just finished a Patisserie course at university. She has also appeared in a few outfit posts here on my blog.
15. How would you describe your style?
I’d say it’s pretty casual and classic with a touch of girliness. I have a lot of basic pieces like stripes and florals that wouldn’t go out of style. I like to accessorise with a jewellery too especially necklaces and rings.
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
I just had my birthday and I turned 26. Yikes. I’ll have to get used to that.
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses?
Both. I wear glasses on most days especially at work since I’m in front of the computer a lot but on weekends or if I’m going out at night, I’ll wear contacts as I hate wearing glasses or having my photo taken with them on.
18. Do you colour your hair?
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today.
Not much as it’s the last weekend for me before I go back to work again. We plan on going to Mitre10 to get some screws to fix a door handle at our house, lots of cuddles with our kitten and then maybe go for a walk if the weather is nice.
20. What’s the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I don’t go to Starbucks because I don’t really like it. If I really have to, I’d get one of their frappes but it’s been years since I’ve drank something from there.
21. What did you want to be when you were little?
I can’t exactly remember but I know I changed my mind a lot.
22. What’s a beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
Use a toner? I used to but now I forget and completely skip it from my routine.
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter?
Not a proper one when I completely don’t sleep at all. I’ve had plenty of late nights trying to finish an assignment for uni but I always stop around 3-4am to get some sleep.
24. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
Yes. I prefer Coke but I don’t mind Pepsi too much. I rarely drink fizzy drinks anyway.
25. What quote/phrase do you live your life by?
I don’t specifically live by a quote or phrase but I do like this a lot:
“Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind”
I’ve reached the end of the questions. I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe this made you get to know me a bit better. I’m not going to specifically tag people but please do this tag if it interests you and let me know if you have.
I hope you all have a great weekend.