I know we’re 2 weeks in September but I’ve only had a chance to reflect on the crazy month of August. Last month was the most hectic month I’ve had this year. Work was the busiest and I have NZ Fashion Week on top of that.
Despite all of that, I had some amazing times which I’ll go through on today’s post.
Here are the few random things from August:
- My parents move houses and they’re now really close to The Cat Lounge. My sister and I had breakfast there one weekend even without going inside for the kitties. After eating, we just stayed by the window outside and still got the pat the cats! WIN
- I finally got my two Fossil watches batteries replaced. I’ve put them off for months but I took them to Charlton Jewellers in Glenfield Mall. I got both of them there and they have such good service!
- I was kindly sent apple cider from Moa. They also sent me a mulled cider recipe that I’ve yet to try. I rarely drink alcohol because I hate wine and beer so cider is usually my only option and Moa cider is actually nice and drinkable for me.
- I love packages from Olive skincare. They sent me the new pomegranate body lotion which matches my hand and nail cream. I’ve been using it every time I shower. It smells like lollies!
- Coffee with my sister at Shaky Isles.
- Last year, we had a nice metal art piece thing on the wall above our bed. Our cat Turbo pulled it down so our wall has been bare ever since. Last month, I got new prints from The Warehouse which I really love and fits well in our bedroom. The cat can’t pull it down either so it’s great.
I got to visit The Block NZ houses for work. It was a great experience to see what it was like inside after the filming is done and before the houses went to auction. I liked some of the decor but it was crazy how expensive the houses went for during auction day. I was surprised by the results too but that’s another matter.
August is Auckland’s Restaurant Month so there were a bunch of food events around town. I went to Street Eats courtesy of Air Asia and Lemongrass Productions and I was also given tickets to the Fisher & Paykel’s Social Kitchen Theatre. I went to Gareth Stewart’s kitchen masterclass where we had a 3-course meal. I took more photos of the day so I might write a separate post about it.
After Street Eats, I had a Kmart Inspired Living workshop at St Lukes mall. We got to DIY their geo pot holder and got to take home a nice reusable bag, paint and some decorations.
In between the craziness, my partner and I had time for a spontaneous outing around Auckland. We went up Mt Eden and Mt Hobson then walked around the Auckland Domain and ended up having dinner in Parnell. It was Sunday well spent.
The last week of August was the biggest and busiest. It was NZ Fashion Week and I was a delegate this year so I went to a couple of shows. I had to miss a lot due to my full time job and I also had a work interview that same week for a promotion so I couldn’t dedicate my full time and attention to NZFW. Needless to say, I barely slept that week and felt like a zombie.
All the shows I went to were great. My favourite during the week was Hailwood with the live orchestra playing. The Exhibit Show on the weekend was also amazing. It was the last show during NZFW and it really ended it with a blast.
It was also great my friend Stace was there and she did my hair in a plait similar to the hairstyle I have in this outfit post. I got some nice goodie bags and although it was so tiring and I got into blogger drama on Twitter (if you don’t follow me on Twitter, you missed out on the drama! haha), I had a great NZFW experience as a delegate. ‘Til next year!
To end August on a high note, I was picked by MissFQ for their Instagram giveaway. I won my sister and I matching RUBY outfits! I couldn’t believe it!
It was definitely real because the package arrived last week. I can’t wait to style the pieces in an outfit post.
Last but not the least, Turbo also had an eventful month. I posted a photo of him on my Instagram and Purina chose my photo for their spot prize. I didn’t even know they were running a giveaway but I was sent a message on IG that I won which was such a nice surprise so Turbo got amazing treats.
Turbo also got out one morning and tried to fight another cat. He also went on his first car ride without being inside a cage as I took him to my parent’s new house for an adventure.
August was so action-packed that I’m still feeling the aftermath of it. I seriously feel exhausted and somewhat unmotivated. I’ve lost my blogging mojo since NZFW too. I don’t know why but I swear I’ll try to get back on to it again. I hope you understand the sporadic posts here on the blog but I’m still on my other social media if you want some updates.