“I see life in instagram squares”
I believe the quote above is from Sara Donaldson of Harper and Harley who is in Fashion Bloggers, a tv show featuring Australian bloggers. I love the show so much. I agree with her because I am obsessed with Instagram if you haven’t noticed already. My phone camera is always in square mode.
Anyway, I thought I’d put my monthly Instagram roundup along with this week’s #BlogGreatness theme of squares which is perfect!
The photos above are from my Melbourne trip last week. I will be posting all about it here on the blog so stayed tuned for that.
See below for the other highlights of July. Can you believe it’s August already?!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- I finally went to this cafe close to my house and they have Best Ugly Bagels and a pretty good juice bar. It was delish!
- I took a day off as I was feeling under the weather and I decided to get fresh air. We live close to the beach and I don’t know why I don’t take advantage of it enough. It was so relaxing and I felt way better afterwards.
- I won the MaxFactor Masterpiece Transform mascara from LauraLauraBlog‘s giveaway. I can’t wait to use it. I have three open mascaras right now but I’ll try it soon.
- I went to the Matariki Festival’s Stellar light installation. It was pretty cool and my blog post had so much views!
- I went to the NZ Bloggers Network meetup and it was at the Zomato office. They had this cool motivation wall.
- I’ve been to a few anti-gravity yoga classes at Altitude Pole and I love it. I recently levelled up from a beginner class.
- I had awesome dumplings at Xuxu with Lennie (from Hello Lennie) and Liz (from Passport Packed). The dumplings were really good and we had Milse desserts afterwards. I also have been to Milse with Chelsea (Chelsealora) and Kendel (Littlemisadventures) in July. Yay for foodie trips!
- I got featured on Beauty Review for the Makeup Look of the Week. I also posted about it here on the blog. I thank everyone who has commented and for the lovely responses, ❤
- I watched Disney on Ice with my sister and mum. My sister and I also went last year but this year is definitely better. Watch out for a post about it soon.
My main highlight for the month is:
Definitely going to Melbourne even just for a week. A short holiday for me and a business trip for my partner. While he worked, I explored the city and did some shopping. Although it didn’t feel like a proper holiday it was our first overseas trip together. I miss Melbourne and I can’t wait to go back there again!
If you haven’t checked out my Instagram, you can follow me: @astylecollector
If you’ve missed some of my posts the past month, here are my top/most viewed:
- Matariki Festival: Stellar
- Winter Wellness Tips
- OOTD at the Auckland Art Gallery + Singin’ in the Rain
- Beauty Review Makeup Look