January has been an eventful month. It’s my birthday month and lots of happy and exciting things happened. It was fairly easy to think of the highlights this month.
If you want to know the best things from January, click below.
My absolute #1 favourite for January is my kitten Turbo.
I cannot imagine life without him. He has been my bundle of joy no matter how hyper and naughty he is. He’s almost 4 months old now and he’s grown a lot since getting him from the SPCA. I’ve already shared how we get him etc in this blog post so you can have a read through that if you want to know more.
Moving on to the rest but also great things that happened last month.
- I got a haircut. I finally cut my hair shorter again. I’ve definitely missed it and I’m enjoying a shorter ‘do for summer. My friend cut it for me too so I didn’t even have to leave my house.
- It was my birthday! I had a lovely day, received great presents and then had dinner with friends. It was better than last year for sure.
- Enjoying the summer weather. I don’t like the heat and humidity but I love the sunshine. I’ve enjoyed the bright sunny days in Auckland.
- It was also my partner’s birthday last month.
- Last year, I brought some of my unwanted clothing to Recycle Boutique and when I went back to check if some have been sold, I was surprised to know that they have and I got more credit than I expected. I did spend some of it buying a new dress too. It was nice surprise.
- I had my first swim in the ocean last week. I know it’s late but I usually don’t like swimming in the beach but that day, it was so good and refreshing.
January was full of foodie adventures too.
I had my first High Tea experience thanks to Zomato.
I was invited to high tea at Waipuna Hotel. I wrote all about it here. It was such a nice day and the food was great. I definitely want to try high tea again.
Another one from Zomato was going to the Auckland Seafood Festival.
I ate so much fresh seafood at the launch which was mainly for media and sponsors. I was lucky to be invited by Zomato and I spent the Friday afternoon with Tiffany who also took some outfit photos of me which you can see in this post.
I also had a great time at the actual event which I wrote all about in here.
Besides the one above, I’ve also enjoyed these:
- We discovered that a store nearby my house sells Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. I’ve tried the Strawberry Cheesecake, Triple Caramel Chunk and the Chocolate Fudge. They’re so good!
- Gelato from The Store in Takapuna is the best and my absolute favourite. Just look at those scoops!
- We had brunch at Blossoms Cafe in Riverhead. It was my first time there and it was pretty good. The serving was massive.
- Amazing looking brunch at Papermoon Cafe in Mairangi Bay. This is one of my favourite cafes in the shore because it never disappoints. Every time we go there, I have a nice meal.
- I tried the Balloon dessert from Miann.
- Also tried the strawberry dessert from Milse.
This is unrelated to my usual fashion, food and beauty things but last month, I also went to two car shows.
This was at the Kumeu Classic Car Show. There were some really nice cars there. We went on a Sunday so there were less cars but it was still good.
The next one was for modified cars.
I’m not really into cars but my partner is so I get dragged into these car shows. They’re not too bad because I get to practice photography on some cars then we also get brunch afterwards. He gets cars, I get food. That’s the deal. Haha
That’s it for my January highlights. There were a lot this month and it was a great start to my year.
If you missed any posts from last month, the most viewed: were
- What I got for Christmas
- 25 Random Questions Tag – Get to me know me better
- My 2015 Beauty Favourites
- Boxing Day Sales Haul
- Sunglasses Collection